Friday, April 22, 2011

down the side of Jocelynn hill


On Earth day, April 22, I hiked up Through Gowlland Tod Provincial Park to the top of Jocelynn hill. I started from Emma Dixon Trail and continued up the little jocelynn ridge to the main ridge trail that over looks the Saanich Inlet. From there I dropped down the steep hillside to about 300 feet from the oceanside. Lots of wildflowers are out now.







Every step I had to watch I didnt step on any wildflowers, impossible.

Small Flowered Blue-eyed Mary

Chickweed Monkey Flower
There were lots of Orange-crowned warblers singing, as well as a hooting Sooty Grouse. I could hear geese calling across the sound but I couldnt find them, I think they were Greater-white Fronted Geese migrating north.











Gary Oak Hanging off the cliff


















Goldstar
Up at the top of Jocelynn Hill there was the Goldstar blooming. This is the only place in the park, and probably victoria that they grow.
Goldstar

No comments:

Post a Comment